Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Rhythms of Self

I feel the rhythms of myself
might twist and wave
like ribbons in the wind
really very free
to flow here and there
maybe even to be released
and float away
to the great unknown
I think this body
that I am how trapped is
is only squeezing me physically
as my spirit becomes stronger
reaching out beyond all
walls of human learning
to something bigger
something more expansive
I have always questioned
this nailed down world of fear
so trapped in old beliefs of self
so trapped in good and evil
so trapped in youth and age
but the mind goes exploring
And I am finding no end to this
Ever expanding self
...Linda King 6/8/09



I dreamed last night of this chicken that was having a fit with feathers all puffed up. The chicken was looking a a six lane freeway wondering how to cross the road. As she was all puffed up along came a big white limo on the other side a big hand came out and picked the chicken up and pulled into the car and the car streaked away into a tunnel.
Those from spirit have alway called me "chicken little" because of my temdency to think the sky was falling. I know that this chicken "fit" is my own fears of the internet. The six lay freeway probably represents that, but even though I don't know where I am going...surely a big white limo can't be a bad sign.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you venturing down the Internet highway. I don't guarantee a lot of readers, from my experience, but this is taking your ideas further out there and that is what is good about it to me. I think we live in a very difficult age when people are clashing about whether killing is wrong when it comes to things like legalized abortion or even intro vitro fertilization where some embryos are routinely aborted if too many of them are considered to be growing (exception: Octo-Mom) People are very defensie with each other, so this makes for some very mixed reactions. But it is a way to discover yourself, too, when you are throwing your net out there in a wider circle to snare readers. May you not get discouraged as I am sure you really have a lot to say. Your dreams are always frequent and colorful and sometimes premonitions and your impulse to write poetry is strong so those who are intereted in those things may find you in time. The important thing is to give yourself time to make an impact and not give up. Sister Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your poem and I'm sure others 'out
    there' will too. Your Chicken Little being picked up by the limo is a a sign of better times. I think you are having better times.
    (Maybe Rissy was the one in the limo). Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nailed down world of fear. I get that. My mind explores a little too much at times, but I'd rather have more than less in that area, overall.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete