Friday, January 7, 2011

BLOG THERAPY
Since I’ve missed my group therapy in Phoenix. I thought I might have a little Blog Therapy at least once a week. Anyone who has a problem can join and try to get their problem discussed. I think the most healing thing about group therapy is that you realize in group that you are not in this alone. There a lot of other people with problems as big or bigger than the ones you have. Somehow that makes you feel better.
I know there are probably a million or more people out there who have my problem and they just go get a facelift instead of face it. IT'S THE PROBLEM OF GETTING OLD. The face lift doesn’t help their skin or their elbows or their knees. I used to never notice the old, hobbling around, moan and groaning, but now I see them all the time. I wonder how come someone is limping or why someone else can’t get up from their chair.
I should have known I was trying to avoid old age when I took up with that man 20 years younger. That did me no good…especially when he didn’t want to walk in a room with me. Well, men do it all the time, it is still not acceptable in women …COUGAR TOWN or not.
I’m seventy and I still haven’t lost the desire to make love to a man that I adore and I still miss that one man and it has been over 2 years now. He kept me laughing, on my toes and looking good, but I did need this job in S.F. I didn’t think it was fair to him to be with someone as old as I am. And there was a small problem of him running out of money. He says he hasn’t found anyone else, but I wonder. I’ve had a couple of married men want to give me a sliver of their pie, but I don’t want that. There might have been a time I was willing, but not now.
Men my age, if they have money, are looking for women at least 40 years young. If they are broke, they are like me…looking depressed and not even on the prowl. That leaves the illegal men and we mostly don’t speak the same language. For the most part, their women are in Mexico, South America or China. They might have a job…I had one man come and open his wallet right in front of me …actually showed me he had money. Of course a man who really had money would never do anything like that.
I am just throwing this problem out to the world. THE PROBLEM OF GETTING OLD. Maybe someone has found a way to deal with this problem. I see happy older people out there. I think they are the ones who have mates. I see some laughing, joking...probably been drinking. I sometimes think…would I want to undress this falling apart body… in front of someone new, and I look good for my age. I wouldn’t even go see Cher. trying to look 20 year younger than she is. I don’t like that look. I want the happy, laughing contented look …satisfied like maybe she just got a little that morning. Help Anyone? Therapy Anyone?
I have a little exta problem and that’s having been Charles Bukowski’s girlfriend years ago. Writer or poets who admire him think…she would never go with me after him. True he was a damn good writer…but he’s dead. Other who have seen him think….Charles Burkowski’s, that man’s, ..not his discards. Wait a minute… it me who left him. …If she would go with a man that ugly there must be something wrong with her. And if they have read Bukowski…forget it. They’ve read about me.
The illegals don’t know who in the hell he is or can‘t read…thank God. I could go out a look in a bar or a dance place…but hell…I’m shot for today.

4 comments:

  1. I am now thinking I look fantastic for a woman my age with my eyes fixed and not wearing glasses and trying to display my best points. I find it helps to buy something to give you a new look. I just bought a cap today of three or four beautiful soft colors and a rose crocheted into the cap. I thought it was just beautiful and did look good on me with my shorter hair cut freshly washed. So I recommend that people feeling old concentrate on a photo of themselves looking especially fetching. A video if they have access to a camera. I have really enjoyed some photos of you up on Facebook and thought well now, Linda is looking beautiful in her old age. A good way to get a photo of self is to take a fetching one of someone else and post it. That way two or possibly three or more people get uplifted.
    Today I saw a bunch of photos of Ronda while she was to her dance convention in Palm Springs on New Years taken by one or two of her friends. One especially was just a classic, with her looking in full length mirror. A friend said, "Oh I like that photo of Ronda looking at her fine self." I don't think I have ever seen a more fetching one of her. So instead of avoiding yourself in old age, get acquainted with how you really look, and I am sure you will find you are a lot more attractive than you are thinking you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of the story, the poem, the thought.
    Twila, on her death bed, sat right up and talked two hours straight when I asked her about her mother. I was so surprised. That woman could have been a writer as well as a quilter. She will be when I get her, Veda, and her mom's story written up. Who did you sculpt when you were young? Gile Duel. Charles Bukowski. etc,etc Just look at the characters around you. You have become one yourself outliving The Beast and still writing.
    And what about those psychic predictions?
    You are just trying to get out of your damn work! So just get busy and get'er done. You don't have time to be old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting that this is your topic. Even at 53 I've been thinking and talking about this topic this week. My thoughts around how do you keep that spark in a 30+ year marriage that I want to be vibrant to 60 year. I've come to the conclusion that feeling sexy and sensual is in my head and has very little to do with my partner. Aunt Gerry's suggestions are good. I'm working on some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the most amazing thing about writing a blog is that it forces you to think, "What do I think?" I never tried to articulate my own personal history of guns or what I really thought. I was a little surprised. Aunt Ann, the thirty-eight piston I pointed at Mom was Uncle Tom's, and it was loaded at the time, but it seems like in those days everything was loaded. I do want to write more about this issue, as this latest shooting really affected me. The statistics on gun deaths in this country are astonishing, and the thinking that goes on in its regard is equally astonishing. Like alcohol, there is a collective thinking on guns that is as deep and long as the invention of fire. There is a correlation of both of these issues. 85% of compulsive crime is alcohol influenced.

    It's interesting to get to know yourself through writing, and the issues deep down that so influence your own actions. Aunt Linda, I don't know the name of the painter. I found it by googling Cowboy paintings and sifting through the images. You can look at any painting in the world with the touch of your computer...amazing.

    January 14, 2011 11:06 AM

    ReplyDelete